Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Beds are done



Finished off digging over the last 2 beds, so a bit of fertilizer next week, a bit of luck after that and I'll just have to wait and see what happens. The beds are 9'x6' approx so I'm not going to be exactly feeding the extended family for the year as I have just discovered cabbage need 2'x2', cauliflowers need 2'x2' brussel sprouts 2'x2' and so on but it should be a good introduction for me. Also got the rest of the grass cut, just a light topping, its hard to beat the smell of newly mown grass.





This is tomorrows project, weather permitting. Going to try to turn this into more veg ground. I can feel the pain already.

2 comments:

Peggy said...

You have lots coming on there,your beds look models of cultivation!The 2x2 is ideal size but you get away with a bit less. You can put in sprouts, cabbage and leeks later on in the season when you have harvested salad crops etc.

Veg and Flower Time said...

Morning Peggy,
Thanks for u'r comments but I do think the photo makes things look better than the actually are, maybe I'm better at taking photo's than gardening. Think I might squeeze things in a bit tighter alright.Hadn't planned on doing the salad bit,a bit of an oversight on my behalf, but then some things never change.

Liam