Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A beautiful morning

A beautiful morning this morning and I decided to do a litte work in the heated greenhouse. Generally just organised things a bit better as I have alot of seedlings which will need to be pricked out over the next week or two.
Things are going to be pretty tight in there and also will have maybe another 20 tray to sow come the middle of March.



Pricked out some marigolds this morning, the ones on the left, fuschia next to them.


This is my one and only fuschia which is about 10years old. Based on advice given to me by one of my forum buddies, I started it into growth about 5 weeks ago by putting it into the heated greenhouse. This is how it looks today. Took some cuttings from the new growth about 2 weeks ago, put them in the propagator at 20 degrees and they were ready for potting on this morning.

Also did a bit of seed sowing, 2 trays and a couple of pots of sweet pea


SOW DATE 25/2/09
FLOWER VARIETY
ANTIRRHINUM TOM THUMB MIXED
DELPHINIUM DELIGHT MIXED
SWEET PEA EARLY FRAGRANCE MIXED .

Turned off the heater in the greenhouse this morning as the days seem to be fine now, but will turn it on each evening for a while yet.

Ok, the weather seems fine again after the shower we had at lunch time, so I'm off out now to cut more grass and dig over those 2 other raised beds.

No comments: